Monday, October 29, 2012

Tired

     Yesterday, October 27 we had a party at our house. We decided a few weeks ago we wanted to do something before it got cold so we decided to have a Brunswick Stew party.

     After we made the decision to have the party, I got to planning on what I wanted to do an how I was going to decorate since we would be outside. I spent loads of time on the Internet (mainly Pinterest) trying to find ways to decorate. I had everything planned out until life stepped in, I QUIT MY JOB. So what was I to do when my budget had been chopped down to $0. I improvised..... I paid my nephews Logan, Jamey and Ben to pick up Pine cones and Pine Straw; total $5.00 (my bribe to them). I dug though my cabinets until I found 10 tea light holders, a couple of vases and 4 dinner candle holders. I had my decorations and was willing to make do with them.




     The week of the party I scrubbed my house, top to bottom. I wanted it to be clean and ready for company. I worked my butt off all week long wanting everything to be perfect. Then the unexpected happened, SANDY. Dear old Hurricane Sandy decided to make her presence known, she moved slowly up the coast finally reaching my state of NC. The weather people called for rain all day Saturday, what were we going to do with Hurricane rain and wind. Luckily I have a spacious 2 car garage. We decided to clean it out and place the table and chairs inside. I begged a friend to bring his Canopy and a outdoor heater. We made the plan that we would place the canopy over the stew cauldron and nix the bonfire we had planned to do.  All day we readied ourselves for the party and rain.

     Saturday night was a success, we had a fantastic time and best of all NO RAIN. We partied hard, of course drinks were flowing, food was eaten and fun was had. We had the bonfire, we had the best Brunswick Stew and a good time. It was exactly what I needed to take my mind off all the crap that had been going on recently. I was able to just relax and enjoy my family and friends, something I have been desperately needing.

No comments:

Post a Comment